22 January 2009

What a Sweetheart

So I must finally acknowledge Starbuck's for their music selection. They are coming out with a new CD on Valentine's Day that has an array of artists covering love classics from the likes of Elvis, The Cure, Bruce Springsteen, Buddy Holly, and Frank Sinatra. My advice - go be all cliched and purchase this for your hunny bunny so the coffee colossal can cease closing stores and once again dominate the consumer world. duh...

Death Cab For Cutie - "Love Song"
Katy Perry - "Black And Gold"
DeVotchKa - "Hot Burrito #1"
Department Of Eagles - "Love Me"
Jessica Lea Mayfield - "Words Of Love"
Ben Bridwell - "Your Love Is Forever"
Kate Tucker - "I'm On Fire"
Rogue Wave - "Maps"
A.C. Newman - "Take On Me"
Jem - "Yellow"
Richard Hawley - "Early Morning Rain"
Daniel Martin Moore - "I Hear Music"
She & Him - "I Put A Spell On You"
Lila Downs - "My One And Only Love"

This Cd is available for purchase on Jan. 30th.




Also...in the matter of love...this was a cool article I came across that puts indie musicians together as hypothetical couples: Potential Mates

No comments:

Post a Comment